Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm so NOT a fan of disrespectful kids

So today I observed this conversation between grandmother and grand child:
grandmother: Come here
child: Not right now I'm busy (smacks teeth then sighs)
grandmother: Okay let me know when your done
Now I'm going to stop the conversation right here. This child was being flat out disrespectful to the grandmother.
The child is only 8 yrs old and runs the household. Now the grandmother frequently complains about the grandson being disrespectful but my question is WHY? She's the reason he's the way that he is so why complain . I know back in the day if I had fixed my lips to say something like that I would have lost my ability to chew. The sad part is that the grandmother is my mother and the grandson is my nephew SMH.Thankfully my children have been tought to respect their elders. I just think it's sad when I see kids disrespecting their elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment