Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Top 5 Healthy Living Tips



I was asked to share a few tips on healthy living & these are my top 5. This is what works for me & some people may not agree. If you have any tips, please feel free to share in the comment section down below.

1.  Making Smart Choices- I'm very picky about my food choices. I try really hard to make smart choices.   For example, instead of a bag of chips, I grab a 90 calorie bag of soybeans. Once I started eating healthier, my body started craving those foods.

2.  Portion Control- Knowing your limits is very important. My total meal is usually in 6-8oz portions. 
Did you know that the recommended serving size of meat is 3oz? Well, now you know :) 

3.  Don't Skip Meals- Nothing burns me up more than to hear someone say that they have been skipping meals to lose weight. The body is like a car; it needs fuel in order to run. Eating 6 small healthy meals makes all the difference in the world.

4.  Get In Gear- Cardio is my best friend ( HUGS). I started out walking one block & now I can run 5 miles. Pacing yourself is key. Find a fitness activity that works for you. Thirty minutes a day makes a difference.

5.  Faith- Last but not least FAITH. Believing that can live and maintain a healthier lifestyle is very important. You have to be your own cheerleader. I have always been surrounded by negativity until one day, I woke up and took a heavy dose of  "wake the heck up" & started making changes to better my overall health. For me, my first step was deciding to have my gastric bypass surgery & making a commitment to be a healthier me. Having FAITH makes all the difference in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment