Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Would you eat to gain weight in order to qualify for weight loss surgery?



So today I came across this article on Weight Loss Surgery . The article talked about people gaining weight in order to have surgery.

All I could do is shake my head.

I think that its silly to gain weight in order to have surgery.

I had WLS 9years ago my weight was 360lbs & my BMI 59. At that time I was afraid that I would not be approved for surgery because I had no health issues (other than I was overweight) at the time. I was a very active plus sized woman.

I do agree that changes need to be made to the requirements.

It really upsets me that people would do that in order to have surgery. If someone goes to that extent to have surgery, that means they don't really understand that having WLS isn't a quick fix; it's a life change. In order for WLS to work  you have to put in work.

So my question is:  Do you think it's ok to gain weight in order to qualify for WLS?

1 comment: